Wednesday 20 November 2013

Back at it!

November 2013

After finishing Carter's birthday cake in the summer, I packed up my cake supplies and took a little hiatus.  It was nice to get everything out again after such a long break.  I had a few cupcake orders, and 2 cakes to do between the end of October and early November.

A Skylanders Swapforce cake for a friend from school.
I am really happy with how the character on top turned out.  It took a lot of trial and error because there were so many intricate details and protruding parts, but in the end he looked very much like the actual game piece, and the look on the kids faces made the countless hours spent, all worth while.





Hello Kitty for my nieces 2nd Birthday was also a big hit.  This is the first cake I have done with a ruffle technique.  Although very time consuming, the end result is worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment